System Update: 4.17
We are planning to start upgrading our systems next week. The update will include the following new features and enhancements:
Website builder interface
The new website builder interface will now be the default for newly created trials. Existing customers can continue to use the old website builder to create a website and all customers will still be able to choose between both versions of the wesite builder interface.
Website builder plans
We are making adjustments to the default website builder plans. These adjustments will include increased disk space and email accounts at all plan levels. We will be sending more information with the new plan details shortly.
- Ecommerce rewards
- Append notes to orders
- Add social networking links to product detail pages
- Product search within the site admin has been updated. Allows you to change the product category after viewing a product through the search
- Product advanced settings now has a "Generate HTML links" for buy now and add to cart buttons. This allows product links to be added onto external websites
- Maximum product quantity setting for a product which is enforced on attempted order completion
More and more internet users are using mobile devices such as the iPhone or Android. This release will include support for adding mobile optimised pages. Customers can create new pages that are designed to work on advanced mobile devices.
When browsing to a website on a mobile device, the visitor will be presented wtih a message asking if they would like to view the mobile version of the website. For customers where we host their DNS settings, we are automatically setting up entries such as http://mobile.domainname.com to allow visitors a way to go directly to the mobile website home page.
The mobile support is not for all mobile devices. It is designed to work with advanced mobile smartphones such as the iPhone and Android based devices that have full HTML support (we are not supporting WAP based phones).
Secure forms (may require a plan upgrade)
With the secure forms upgrade, you can use the form builder to collect form information over a secure https:// page. The data that is submitted is saved in the site admin. and can be viewed when logged into the site over a secure (https) URL.
- When visitors browser to a page with a secure form they will be redirected to a https:// version of the page
- For security reasons, the form data is not sent in the form email it can only be viewed when logged into the site admin
- The secure form cannot be used to collect credit card/billing information
- The secure forms feature does not include the ability for customers to use their own SSL certificates at this time.
AppDB (may require plan upgrade)
Use the AppDb feature to setup a searchable/sortable data table. You can define your own custom fields when setting up the data table. To create a new AppDb go to the page list and click the AppDb page type.
- Manage up to 6 different groupbox styles
- More CSS menu options
- CSS animated menus
System features and updates
- Blog - customise blog fonts & styles and set the number of blog entries (up to 10) to be displayed on the main blog page (set number of entries or number of days to display)
- Form builder data - submitted form data can be viewed through the website
- Social networking links - added support for Google Buzz
- Image resize - added a slider to make it easier to resize images
- Footer style - added more style options to customise the footer area
- Image galleries/rotators - added support for displaying the image descriptions in all gallery modes
- FireFox 3.6 new file upload interface, including support for drag/drop file uploading
- Invoice view for customer hosting bills
We hope you like the new and improved features to help you create a website!